Greater Ohio Outreach Coordinator
Vegan Outreach is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization working to end violence towards animals. Vegan Outreach seeks a future when sentient animals are no longer exploited as commodities. Outreach Coordinators are located throughout the United States, as well as in Australia, Canada, Mexico, New Zealand, and India.
Terms of employment: Full-time
Reports to: Vice President of College Outreach and International Expansion
Location: Columbus, OH
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- A large part of this job will be traveling and handing out booklets to college students within a 3 hr drive from Columbus.
- Perform high-quality one-on-one advocacy to students through college leafleting, community events, and humane education.
- Organize and staff Vegan Outreach tables at festivals, expos, and other events, and conduct iAnimal virtual reality outreach.
- Organize and host community events to expose new people to veganism.
- Coordinate and conduct humane education presentations at high schools and colleges.
- Collaborate with local activists and build positive relationships with volunteers for outreach.
- Maintain thorough records of outreach and expenses and follow Vegan Outreach’s reporting guidelines.
- Perform other internet duties as requested, to further the mission of Vegan Outreach.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 8 weeks per semester to colleges and cities within a 3-hour drive.
- Strong work ethic, self-motivation, and the ability to work well with others.
- Commitment to Vegan Outreach’s objectives, including our pragmatic approach of welcoming gradual change.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively.
- At least 18 years of age.
- A willingness and ability to be on your feet for hours at a time leafleting and ability to lift and carry up to 30 lbs.
- Reliable access to the internet and/or a smartphone.
Compensation: Salary range: $31,000–$39,500 plus health insurance, retirement, and other benefits.
To Apply: Please email a cover letter and resume with work and/or volunteer experience to VicS@VeganOutreach.org.
Application Period: Position begins September 1, 2018. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Vegan Outreach is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. Applicants from underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Vegan Outreach provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, caste, sex, descent, religion, place of birth, residence, national, social or ethnic origin, age, color, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family, marital or parental status. Vegan Outreach does not tolerate any forms of discrimination or harassment.
About Vegan Outreach
Founded in 1993, Vegan Outreach is a 501c3 nonprofit organization working to end violence towards animals. We seek a future when sentient animals are no longer exploited as commodities.