Looking to work for a vegan-owned and operated company? Do you want to be part of a team that focuses on making veganism more accessible to the mainstream?
Based on the tenets of social entrepreneurialism, Vegan Supply is a local, neighborhood-type store in Vancouver’s bustling Chinatown neighborhood. We play an integral role in our community, as we are its supportive gateway to living a vegan-based lifestyle that assists our customers in not only living a healthy lifestyle, but also protecting the rights of animals and our planet. This position is a great opportunity for someone that is inspired to educate and assist people in a supportive and non-judgmental manner on vegan products and their path towards veganism (wherever they fall on the spectrum).
Responsibilities / Duties
- Take direction from and work alongside the store’s General Manager and Online Manager to complete tasks fully and effectively.
- Pick, check and ship out orders to customers following our online procedures. Maintain store organization during this process.
- Working with Shopify, Shippo and various delivery services.
- Answer customer emails and phone calls to address issues or feedback in a timely manner with a focus on relationship building and customer service excellence. Complaints and issues are successfully resolved within Company guidelines and standards.
- Maintain customer service Standard Operating Procedures and assist customers on the floor and at the till.
- Track and log customer issues and shipping discrepancies to report and develop solutions.
- Relationship building and product education with customers in a supportive and non-judgmental manner.
- Work to set the store atmosphere for positive customer and staff experiences every day.
- Upholding compliance with company policies, procedures and the overall ethos of VeganSupply.
- May be responsible for opening or closing the store following checklists as a keyholder.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as assigned or required.
Qualifications & Skills
- Customer service background or similar skill set.
- Administrative experience and strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work efficiently with limited supervision.
- Knowledge and adherence to the philosophy of veganism in a supportive and compassionate manner to educate and assist customers in their vegan journey without judgment.
- Passionate about social change. The ideal candidate will be vegan.
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills, a naturally positive and outgoing person.
- Great eye for detail and organizational skills.
- Strong work ethic, able to work effectively independently and as a team.
- Effective time management: comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. Is able to stay productive when store traffic is slow.
- Dedicated and seeking long-term employment.
Vegan Supply opened its doors in 2014 with our first booth at Vancouver’s Veg Expo. Not long after, we started our online operations and began shipping products all across Canada and to other parts of the world. Since that time, we have shipped to many countries and have a store operating in Vancouver’s Chinatown and Surrey. Our company is unique in that its philosophy is one of social entrepreneurialism. By affecting change through the food we eat, we are able to heal our planet, give a voice to the voiceless (animals) and improve our health and wellbeing.
Please send a resume and brief cover letter outlining why you would be a good fit for our company and what your favourite vegan treat is. We thank all applicants, however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Compensation is commensurate on experience.
About Vegan Supply
VeganSupply.ca was started by vegans, for vegans (and of course all those who also enjoy vegan foods!)
We're huge supporters of organic, fair trade, and other vegan companies. One of our priorities is finding for you quality brands and products that you may not have heard of before, and making it easy for you to order them.
At Vegan Supply, our goal is simple: we make vegan easy. Veganism is rapidly growing and so is our team.