About the role
The role requires being in charge of our stock levels, ensuring we have the right amount of stock available at all times.
The successful candidate will be managing our inventories by forecasting properly, checking expiring dates and placing Purchase Orders (POs).
You’ll need to create and send purchase orders, make sure that they arrive on time, and check invoices to match with POs.
The successful candidate will be dealing with our suppliers, and will need to ensure that effective and accurate communication is always in place.
However, the role is not limited to this as there are other tasks that you’ll be required to perform.
The combination of repetitive and occasional tasks, both familiar and challenging will keep your days fresh.
You should know that we are lucky enough to have amazing suppliers. The vast majority of them are kind and respectful, just like us!
- Monitoring Stock Levels and Best Before Dates regularly
- Forecasting to place new orders
- Creating and sending Purchase Orders (POs)
- Ensuring POs have been received and delivery date is known
- Scheduling delivery dates
- Liaising with the Logistics team
- Putting POs in stock
- Submitting claims to suppliers, if applicable
- Ensuring Invoices and Credit Notes are received
- Scheduling payment dates
- Controlling and reducing losses to the minimum
- Creating and maintaining spreadsheets
- Creating and maintaining product pages
- Keeping good record of Specs Sheets, Images and other documents
- Dealing with new suppliers’ requests
- Replying to emails promptly
- Proactive problem solving
- Keeping tasks well organised and under control
- Performing other tasks, when needed
Important: Please note that we do not expect you to know everything off the bat, but we do require you to learn quickly and execute every task at a high level. We’ll help you achieve this by providing you with comprehensive training and ongoing support.
First, you’ll need to fulfil the general requirements for all our team members (see “General Requirements for all Team Members” section within our Careers page).
In particular, the ideal candidate for this job:
- Feels at ease with numbers
- Is analytical
- Is really well organised
- Can keep things under control
- Looks for information from multiple sources
- Prioritises well using good judgement and common sense
How to apply
In order to apply to this position, simply click on ‘Apply now’ below and answer the questions.
To help you answer some of the questions you can check the information on our website.
This position doesn’t have a specific deadline.
We will be closing it as soon as we find the right candidate.
If you’re still seeing this ad, it means that the position hasn’t been filled in yet.
The recruitment process is divided into 5 different stages, so please make sure you take this into consideration before applying.
You’ll need to be successful in all of them in order to get into the probationary period.
Remote – based in the UK.
Pease note that only candidates based in the UK will be considered.
You may be required to attend a monthly in-person meeting at a location to be defined within the UK.
Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm (including 30 min lunch break).
Occasionally, you may be required to work some weekends, and get time off in lieu.
£21,160.20 – £23,276.22 pa, after probationary period.
£20k, for the 3-month probationary period.
After successful completion of the probationary period, the salary will increase depending on:
- Probationary period performance
- Education & Skills
Further bonuses and salary increases will be communicated to full-time permanent employees.
20 days a year + 8 bank holidays.
As soon as all the recruitment stages are completed.
It can be negotiated with the candidate.
About Vegan Wholesaler
We are a fast-growing independent vegan company currently based in the UK.
What do we do? Guess!
We're the first and only 100% vegan wholesaler in the UK, which means we do not distribute any products that contains or may contain milk, eggs or any other animal ingredients.