Vegancuts is a thriving e-commerce subscription business that offers a monthly Snack Box, Beauty Box and quarterly Makeup Box. It’s known for amazing boxes coupled with genuine customer service, having recently won the 2020 Newsweek Magazine Best Customer Service award. Vegancuts is run by ex-Silicon Valley leaders intent on fostering a values-based company with a startup mindset, and creating an environment of support where individual growth is nurtured.
We’re seeking a real expert in the vegan and cruelty-free beauty and makeup space to manage the curation of our beauty and makeup boxes. This is a part procurement, part marketing. Our dream candidate has significant history working with cruelty-free beauty and makeup products and brands, expert negotiation skills, and adeptness with writing. You’ll have the chance to touch the experience of thousands who receive boxes every month in this important role.
Did we basically just describe you? If yes, keep reading…
You absolutely must have:
1. In the cruelty-free beauty/makeup space, in-depth knowledge of:
a) Niche and mainstream beauty and makeup brands in this space
b) Product ingredients and what ingredients are considered toxic or potentially harmful, as well as industry standards on product safety such as EWG
c) Product categories and product application best practices
2. Soft skills:
a) Extensive practical experience with negotiation and associated best practices, as well as building and maintaining relationships with a sales mindset.
b) Comfortable with making informal videos on product usage/application
c) A skillful command of written English: with writing marketing copy for beauty/makeup as well as writing SEO-friendly blog articles on cruelty-free related beauty and makeup topics.
d) A natural tendency of being detail oriented and skill with organization/planning
e) Comfort with data analysis and reporting with Microsoft Excel
f) A willingness and ability to learn new things quickly. Being a startup company, this role will evolve and grow over time.
3. Ability to travel and represent Vegancuts at conferences and expositions.
Bonus points if you have experience with:
1. Experience in understanding and interpreting contractual language
2. Working from home (or at least working with minimal supervision)
3. Online collaboration tools like Skype, Google Drive / Docs / Forms, Dropbox, etc.
4. Loving animals enough not to eat them
How to Apply
If this description sounds right up your alley and you meet all of the requirements listed above, please apply by sending the following info to our team:
1. Brief summary of your work experience specifically with cruelty-free beauty/makeup as well as with negotiation.
2. A link to a beauty or makeup related article that you have written, or paste an excerpt here.
3. A link to a video introducing yourself and summarizing your experience in 1-3 minutes (no fancy editing required). It can be hosted on Google Drive, Dropbox or posted as a private YouTube video.
4. Your resume.
Compensation Range: $42k-$52k per year with lots of room for growth based on performance.
Pro-tip: There’s a real person reading each application rather than a robot inbox. Make it short, sweet, and personal!
About Vegancuts Inc
Vegancuts makes it simple to discover the best vegan products. Our experts search every corner of the cruelty-free world to uncover new vegan brands and meticulously review and select products that we can stand behind. The Vegancuts snack, beauty, and makeup subscription boxes are loved by thousands each month.