Vegancuts is a thriving e-commerce subscription business that offers a monthly Snack Box, Beauty Box, and Market. It’s known for amazing boxes coupled with genuine customer service, having recently won the 2021 Newsweek Magazine Best Customer Service award, 2021 VegNews Best Subscription Box award, and many more. Vegancuts is run by ex-Silicon Valley leaders intent on fostering a values-based company with a startup mindset, and creating an environment of support where individual growth is nurtured.
This is a unique hybrid procurement/sales role as there is typically a product-for-marketing exchange that occurs for most products we secure. Hence, we’re seeking a real expert in either procurement or sales as well as the food products space to manage the curation of our snack subscription boxes and Market. This position will also involve securing Skincare and Bodycare products for some of the slots in our beauty subscription box. This role will afford the flexibility of working remotely from any US location. Our dream candidate has significant history working with procurement or sales of food products, deep insight into the vegan lifestyle and nutrition, expert negotiation skills, and adeptness with writing and online work. You’ll have the chance to touch the experience of thousands who receive boxes every month in this important role.
Did we basically just describe you? If yes, keep reading…
Ideal candidates have:
> In the vegan space, knowledge of:
– Niche and mainstream food/snack brands
– Product ingredients and what ingredients are considered vegan.
– Nutrition, health and diet.
– Consumer trends and taste profiles in the vegan demographic.
> Procurement/sales and soft skills:
– Extensive practical experience with negotiation and associated best practices, as well as building and maintaining relationships with a long-term mindset.
– Comfortable with making informal or formal videos on product usage and answering customer questions.
– A skillful command of written English.
– A natural tendency of being detail oriented and skill with organization/planning.
– Comfort with data analysis and reporting with Microsoft Excel.
– A willingness and ability to learn new things quickly. Being a startup company, this role will evolve and grow over time.
Bonus points if you have experience with:
– Brands and products in the vegan and cruelty-free beauty space.
– Understanding and interpreting contractual language.
– Working from home (or at least working with minimal supervision)
– Online collaboration tools like Google Drive/Sheets/Docs/Forms, etc.
– Writing marketing copy for food/snacks as well as blog articles on vegan food and nutrition topics.
– Strong points for loving animals enough not to eat them.
How to Apply
If this description sounds like a good fit, please apply by sending a cover letter which contains the following info to firstname.lastname@example.org:
1. Brief summary of your work experience with procurement or sales as well as with negotiation.
2. A link to a video introducing yourself and why you feel you’d be the right candidate in 1-3 minutes (no fancy editing required). It can be hosted on Google Drive, Dropbox or posted as an unlisted YouTube video.
3. Your resume.
Compensation range: $45k-$60k/year with room to grow based on performance.
About Vegancuts Inc
Vegancuts makes it simple to discover the best vegan products. Our experts search every corner of the cruelty-free world to uncover new vegan brands and meticulously review and select products that we can stand behind. The Vegancuts snack and beauty subscription boxes are loved by thousands each month.