We are looking for a Line Cook Shift Manager to manage our cooking staff and to resolve kitchen issues swiftly. You will train staff to use new recipes, cooking techniques and equipment, and oversee the food preparation team. Ensuring inventory is in stock for cooking weekly deli and meal prep. Full-time salaried with benefits.
Duties and Core Responsibilities:
- Ensuring consistency, flavor and quality of dishes.
- Coordinating and overseeing line cooks tasks.
- Enforcing hygiene policies and examining equipment for cleanliness.
- Reviewing staffing levels to meet service and operational objectives.
- Training kitchen staff, such as cooks, food preparation workers and dishwashers.
- Performing administrative tasks, taking stock of food and equipment supplies.
- Be aware of safety regulations and implement them in the kitchen.
About Vegas Vegan Culinary School & Eatery
Vegas Vegan Culinary School & Eatery ("VVCS") will be the first women-owned, non-accredited vegan cooking school and deli in the US. Our 3,600 sq. ft. establishment will offer 40+ monthly classes taught routinely by our inhouse chef as well as by local vegan chefs, out-of-town chefs and virtual, in-house classes with international chefs. Our weekly meal prep will include 5 different meal choices to order in bundles and our deli/espresso bar will offer freshly made, take away or eat-in food/drink selections. Our hosted events, educational workshops and lecturer/speaker series will always focus on giving back to our community and bringing awareness to our animal welfare/sustainable efforts. We are aiming to use only biodegradable products and hire environmentally-friendly staff to assure that you will not only enjoy our fun-loving location but you will be educated and entertained at the same time. We want people to come in to take a class, enjoy a flavorful meal or simply come in for coffee or a glass of vegan wine, and we will guarantee to be their new favorite vegan hub and Las Vegas' tourism destination spot. We are centrally located in the downtown Las Vegas Arts District and have coined the slogan, "Plant-based cooking in Sin City's HOTTEST kitchen!".