VegFest, Inc., a non-profit that advocates for and organizes events promoting plant-based living, is seeking a temporary assistant event organizer to help us plan and coordinate the 2020 New England VegFest, taking place on Sunday, April 19 in Worcester, Massachusetts.
The New England VegFest is one of the largest vegfests in the country and attracts more than 10,000 attendees. The assistant organizer will work closely with VegFest’s Executive Director to ensure this year’s festival provides an enriching and entertaining experience for all attendees and participants.
Job tasks include the following:
- Coordinating event merchandise print and production
- Booking travel accommodations for VegFest speakers
- Coordinating distribution of promotional posters and postcards
- Helping manage VegFest social media content
- Helping coordinate event logistics leading up to VegFest and the day of the event
- Occasional data entry
- Previous administrative or event organizing experience preferred
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Competent web-based tool user
- Commitment to a vegan lifestyle preferred
This is a temporary contract position entailing between 8-16 hours of work per week from February through April, including a 16-hour commitment for each of the three weeks leading up to the event. Pay rate is a contract (non-benefit) rate of $15/hour. Most work can be done remotely during flexible hours, but the candidate must have the ability to travel to Worcester occasionally and assist all day during the New England VegFest on April 19.
Email Jen at email@example.com with your cover letter and resume. Include the name of the position in the subject line.
VegFest, Inc. is a non-profit that inspires diverse communities to choose plant-based living. We envision a plant-based, environmentally-sustainable food system in a world where animals are protected from violence. New England VegFest is one of the largest vegetarian events in North America. Last year the festival attracted 10,000+ attendees, 140+ exhibitors & 100+ volunteers.