Veggie Grill is looking for a Senior Director of Technology to lead and manage the systems that support the omni-channel customer strategy of their plant-based restaurant brands.
Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, the Senior Director of Technology will play a crucial role in oversight and leadership of technology strategy and infrastructure. Responsibilities include implementation, support, and management of all existing technology systems, with an immediate emphasis on CRM, loyalty, customer websites / apps and other technologies that create frictionless guest experiences and drive revenues. The Senior Director will also serve as the leader in the selection, development, implementation, and maintenance of technology systems including standard restaurant operating systems (e.g., POS, KDS, cybersecurity, etc.). The successful candidate will blend a hands-on approach to current systems and challenges with the strategic vision needed to ensure our technology systems effectively support future growth. The ideal candidate will be an experienced, results-oriented leader with a drive to continually improve business capabilities.
- Design and manage an effective CRM platform that supports and amplifies guest loyalty, provides detailed guest insights and supports future business opportunities
- Select, manage and optimize technology platforms that support frictionless guest experiences including website, app, curbside, delivery, e-gift cards, etc.
- Lead and manage the IT team to support standard restaurant IT systems:
- Optimize in-house restaurant technology platforms including POS, KDS, Payroll, Back Office and Accounting software
- Ensure effective integration with delivery service partners
- Maintain PCI compliance, perform risk assessment and implement strong cybersecurity protections
- Support all restaurant-level and support center IT needs
- Optimize analytics platforms and dashboards to support key business drivers
- Directs the orderly and efficient capture, storage, processing, and dissemination of data and information
- Oversees the engineering, configuration, installation, maintenance, upgrade and security of computing networks and facilities such as servers, routers, switches, firewalls, remote access systems, network management systems, and data centers
- Leader in budget creation and accountability for the IT department, including both P&L and CAPX budget responsibility
- Guide IT strategic and operational planning to achieve current business goals and support future growth
- 8-10 years of related Information Technology/Security experience in the restaurant industry
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, MIS, BCIS, or related technical field, with additional technical certifications
- Strong CRM and digital background and experience with the information systems required to support multi-channel brands
- Detailed experience with restaurant/retail-based IT: POS, KDS, PCI compliance, cyber security, back office, accounting systems
- Demonstrated experience managing integrations across multiple technology platforms
- Both tactically and strategically minded; should be able to operate in the weeds but also be a leader with the ability to build integrated strategies and systems
- Ability to work in entrepreneurial environments without large IT teams and budgets; ability to leverage both internal teams and vendors
- Results oriented, decisive, and able to make tough decisions; constantly strives for both excellence and continuous improvement
- Current on leading industry trends and practices; ability to conduct research into emerging technologies and trends, standards, and products as required
- Practices prioritization, goal planning, effective time / process management and accountability for getting stuff done
- Ability to inspire and influence people and effectively drive change throughout the organization
- Practices servant leadership, demonstrating a genuine desire to serve others
- Demonstrates high integrity in both words and actions
- Hunger to make the world a better place and inspire people to eat more plants
Physical requirements: Travel approximately <20% throughout the year. Work is typical office environment (by Veggie Grill standards). Ability to use a computer keyboard and calculator.
About Veggie Grill
Since 2006 Veggie Grill has been changing American food culture for the better.
Better for people, animals, and the planet.
Welcome to our plant-based party.