Volunteer Communications Manager
We are looking for someone who:
- shares our values (non-aggressive veganism, supporting local/ethical business, protecting our environment)
- are proactive, self-motivated and can work with little encouragement
- is an excellent and willing communicator
- loves interacting with others
- is capable at collecting and presenting data
- is a confident researcher
- has a strong work ethic
- has some free time (several hours) each week which they can allocate to Veggie Guide
- has a strong understanding of English grammar
- lives in the UK
About the role
Veggie Guide is expanding — fast — and we are working to help take veganism in the UK to the next stage.
The next step for us is to communicate with vegan groups and businesses around the country to support them and collaborate on projects. This role is a vital part of our plan.
Your role will include:
- Liaising with vegan groups and business owners/teams
- Researching and gathering data on behalf of Veggie Guide
- Presenting data in a practical format (often spreadsheets)
- Maintaining communication with groups and businesses and building rapport
- Communicating with and supporting our writers with research and outreach
If this sounds like you, please get in touch today, and let us know why you are, uniquely, suited to this role.
We look forward to hearing from you!
About Veggie Guide
The Veggie Guide is a volunteer-run online vegan magazine and restaurant/business directory. The Veggie Guide first began as a printed magazine and collaboration with the Leicester Vegan and Vegetarian Group. This quickly escalated and, to meet the demand, we decided to place the guide online for everyone to access.
The Veggie Guide is not monetised in any way and there are no plans to do so. It has, over the years, benefited from the support of writers from the vegan community, passionate to work together for a common goal.
Articles have been carefully edited and, while providing detailed advice and resources to vegans and the vegan curious, it has also provided a professional platform for writers seeking to promote their skills, while supporting the vegan community.
Several of our writers have told us that they have benefited from paid opportunities as a direct result of working with the Veggie Guide.
Articles on the Veggie Guide gain traction quickly on social media and have been known to generate up to 350 shares and up to 20,000 visits in the first few days of sharing.