Title: Director of Marketing
Hours: Full-time, flexible hours, some evening and weekend hours required
Reports to: President
Salary Range: $27,000/year – $40,000/year, depending on experience
The Director of Marketing will beresponsible for planning, development, and implementation of the organization’s marketing strategies, marketing communications, and public relations activities, including marketing VegMichigan events and media campaigns that promote the benefits of a vegan diet across all social media platforms, TV, radio, print, and other media outlets. This position will also work with the staff and the Board of Directors to develop and implement events that promote veganism to the general public and on college campuses throughout the state. The position requires strong communication skills and the ability to engage effectively with others without judgement. A high degree of organization and self-motivation are required as the Director will often be working independently and on multiple projects at once.
- Represent VegMichigan in a professional and positive manner through television and radio interviews and public speaking engagements and build database of media contacts.
- Work with staff and the Board of Directors to develop and implement events, outreach activities, and marketing campaigns that promote veganism to the general public and on college campuses throughout the state.
- Manage VegMichigan’s presence on all social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, and other digital media platforms on a daily basis.
- Ensure all external communication pieces contain a consistent brand image, including website, social media, merchandise, and events.
- Design and create marketing materials, such as flyers, leaflets, etc. to promote VegMichigan’s mission.
- Create and deliver public presentations at libraries and at colleges.
- Have the ability and willingness to take on new responsibilities based on the needs of VegMichigan as the organization grows and evolves and agree to perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing or related field preferred, or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of the health, ethical, and environmental benefits of a vegan lifestyle and the ability to articulate this to others in an accurate and encouraging way.Stay up-to-date on the latest vegan trends and food options.
- Experience running social media; demonstrating the ability to strategize, curate and create content professionally, engage and build communities of followers, and the ability to gauge public response and tweak messages for maximum reach and effectiveness.
- Excellent writing skills, as demonstrated in press releases, blogs, web copy, brochures, e-newsletters, etc.
- Proven verbal communication skills including public speaking, radio, and TV.
- Must have a computer and be proficient in general computer skills, including Word, Excel, Gmail, and social media. Must have home office with computer, internet, and printer.
- Must have access to reliable transportation and a willingness to travel on a semi-regular basis.
- Experience with event planning is preferred.
- Photography skills for posting quality images on social media and getting photos to media are preferred.
- Demonstrate excellent organizational skills in order to work on numerous projects at the same time.
- The ability to engage others in a professional, friendly, open, non-judgmental manner.
- Proven ability and openness to learning new things, and energy and passion to inspire new ideas to spread the vegan movement.
The position requires driving to a number of different areas around the state, standing for up to an hour at a time while giving a presentation, sitting for an afternoon while tabling, carrying informational materials to events up to 20 lbs., and working on your computer for a number of hours at a time.
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter to: email@example.com.
VegMichigan is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization in its 19th year of operation and is focused on promoting the health, environmental, and ethical benefits of a vegan diet.