Vegvisits, the ‘airbnb’ for vegans and vegetarians, is a platform that connects vegan and vegetarian locals with accommodations (everything ranging from homes, B&Bs, cabins, boats, etc.) to like-minded travelers.
Since officially launching our site in 2021, we have roughly 1000 listings in 80 countries. We solve all of the problems that vegans and vegetarians face when booking a trip, whether it’s food options and convenience, accommodation affordability, or the risks in booking with Airbnb, and 99.8% of all trips taken through Vegvisits have received 5-star reviews, many of which travelers say are life-changing, something that other home-sharing platforms can’t say.
Between the convenience of a meat-free kitchen, local knowledge on where to go to get the best vegan food, the connection guests feel immediately upon meeting the owners, as well as the extra offerings many of the accommodations provide, including plant-based, home-made meals, this total package brings to the guest a feeling of peace of mind that enables them to truly enjoy their trip unlike any other.
Chief Marketing Officer Role at Vegvisits
Vegvisits is on the lookout for a dynamic Chief Marketing Officer to join our executive team and play a pivotal role in scaling our startup. Working closely with the CEO and CSO, you’ll spearhead our marketing initiatives to help us secure funding and expand our user base.
- Develop a low-budget ‘gorilla marketing’ plan pre-funding (including affiliate, partnership, PR, etc.).
- Craft a robust go-to-market strategy for post-funding phase.
- Lead the execution of these plans in collaboration with the Vegvisits leadership team and interns.
- Brand development, PR, and media relations.
- Establishing brand partnerships.
- Generating engaging content for social media platforms.
- Video creation and editing.
- Managing digital ads and SEO optimization.
- Building presence on TikTok and YouTube.
- Creating a referral/affiliate program.
- Facilitate the company’s efforts in securing funding.
- Drive user base growth through innovative marketing strategies.
- You’ll be working directly with the CEO and CSO, leading a team of dedicated interns.
- Compensation will initially be in equity, tailored based on experience, transitioning to a market-rate salary post-funding.
- Initial call with our CEO to assess fit.
- Review and discussion of your marketing materials.
- Development of a sample marketing plan for Vegvisits.
Benefits and Perks:
- Enjoy flexible working hours and discounts at Vegvisits accommodations worldwide.
- Minimum 8 years in marketing (mandatory), with experience at the C-level (preferred).
- Experience in pitching to investors/raising capital (preferred).
- Startup experience (preferred).
- Proficiency in social media content creation, PR, brand partnerships, video editing, digital advertising, and affiliate programs.
- Please send your resume and a cover letter explaining why you’re excited to join Vegvisits. Include your website/portfolio if available.
- Application Deadline: February 1st.
Join us at Vegvisits and be part of an early-stage startup poised for significant growth in the plant-based and sharing economy space. We can’t wait to hear from you!
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Vegvisits is the ‘Airbnb’ for vegans and vegetarians. It is an online home-sharing platform that connects travelers to vegan and vegetarian locals with accommodations located worldwide. The BETA platform, launched in 2016, currently hosts 1K listings in over 80 countries.
The Vegvisits platform accommodates all types of listings – from retreats, hotels, B&B’s and entire vacation homes to private and shared rooms in host’s primary residences. Renting an accommodation with a Vegvisits hosts eliminates many of the eating problems vegans and vegetarians face while traveling. Guests are provided with useful inside knowledge on the best food in the area, have access to a meat-free kitchen to make their own meals, and can search for accommodations based on their favorite appliances.
As hosts, in addition to meeting a diverse set of people from around the world and earning extra income, the platform sets their mind at ease - they list their space as either vegan or vegetarian, and are assured that their kitchen and home remains just as they like it.
Although hosts must be either vegan or vegetarian to list their accommodation, guests do not have to be as long as they respect the rules and ethos of the community as they travel. The founders created the platform with the goal in mind to be an invaluable resource for flexitarians and the veg-curious to learn more about the vegan lifestyle while staying with locals.
Home-sharing is a beautiful concept that empowers people around the globe, and makes traveling an enjoyable, exciting and affordable way to see the world, brimming with the life that both guests and hosts bring to the experience. But as Airbnb has grown, it’s lost its touch, and often the risks outweigh the potential for an amazing stay.
We’ve taken everything we love about Airbnb and made it our own – a site specifically designed for the niche community of vegans and vegetarians, where members are able to benefit from the increased trust and reliability that comes from having shared lifestyles and values. With Vegvisits, it’s less like you are staying with a stranger and more like a good friend that you have just met.
As one traveler describes her experience, “It was as if we met a friend whom we didn’t see for years, despite having never met each other at all, and whom we’d love to stay in touch with – from now on and forever.”