Vegvisits, the ‘airbnb’ for vegans and vegetarians, is a platform that connects vegan and vegetarian locals with accommodations (everything ranging from homes, B&Bs, cabins, boats, etc.) to like-minded travelers.
Between the convenience of a meat-free kitchen, local knowledge on where to go to get the best vegan food, the connection guests feel immediately upon meeting the owners, as well as the extra offerings many of the accommodations provide, including plant-based, home-made meals, this total package brings to the guest a feeling of peace of mind that enables them to truly enjoy their trip unlike any other.
Lead React-Node.js Developer
Vegvisits is looking for a React-Node.js Developer to join our executive team and help scale our startup. He/she will be working alongside the CTO to help scale the platform and take Vegvisits to the next level. The perfect candidate is someone that has what it takes to work at a startup – meaning a willingness to get their hands dirty and work long hours in exchange for ownership in the company (initially).
- Design and implement new functionality of our web application including both frontend and backend components as part of our team architect
- Improve, analyze, bugfix, refactor and maintain existing code
- Write automated tests
- Help us implement our mobile app
- Project experience and strong knowledge of JS/TS and React, ideally including React Bootstrap, React Redux and Redux Form
- Proficiency with Node.js, Express, GraphQL, REST and the integration of 3rd party APIs
- Experienced with SQL databases, Sequelize or TypeORM
- Good knowledge in HTML5, CSS3
- Deep understanding of web security standards
- Fluent English language and good communication skills
- Ability to efficiently work in distributed teams
- Know-how in the development of mobile apps with Ionic, Capacitor or Cordova
- Knowledge of Linux, nginx, pm2
- Experience in DevOps methodologies, Docker, CI/CD
- Experience with NestJS and microservices
- Working in agile teams
What to expect:
- As part of our small but enthusiastic team, your know-how, ideas and achievements really matter!
- Become part of a success story in its initial phase to support the vegan/vegetarian community
- Work using interesting technologies on a topic you love
A passion for the vegan lifestyle is a must!
*Please note, this position is part-time at first as compensation will be largely equity-based in the short-term. Salary will be determined upon hire, but only start after raising our first round of funding. However this is a great opportunity to join an early-stage startup in an emerging market (both the plant-based and sharing economy space) with high growth opportunities.
*Please send your resume along with a cover letter stating why you want to jump on board this project. We look forward to hearing from you!
– The Vegvisits Team
Vegvisits is the ‘Airbnb’ for vegans and vegetarians. It is an online home-sharing platform that connects travelers to vegan and vegetarian locals with accommodations located worldwide. The BETA platform, launched in 2016, currently hosts 1K listings in over 80 countries.
The Vegvisits platform accommodates all types of listings – from retreats, hotels, B&B’s and entire vacation homes to private and shared rooms in host’s primary residences. Renting an accommodation with a Vegvisits hosts eliminates many of the eating problems vegans and vegetarians face while traveling. Guests are provided with useful inside knowledge on the best food in the area, have access to a meat-free kitchen to make their own meals, and can search for accommodations based on their favorite appliances.
As hosts, in addition to meeting a diverse set of people from around the world and earning extra income, the platform sets their mind at ease - they list their space as either vegan or vegetarian, and are assured that their kitchen and home remains just as they like it.
Although hosts must be either vegan or vegetarian to list their accommodation, guests do not have to be as long as they respect the rules and ethos of the community as they travel. The founders created the platform with the goal in mind to be an invaluable resource for flexitarians and the veg-curious to learn more about the vegan lifestyle while staying with locals.
Home-sharing is a beautiful concept that empowers people around the globe, and makes traveling an enjoyable, exciting and affordable way to see the world, brimming with the life that both guests and hosts bring to the experience. But as Airbnb has grown, it’s lost its touch, and often the risks outweigh the potential for an amazing stay.
We’ve taken everything we love about Airbnb and made it our own – a site specifically designed for the niche community of vegans and vegetarians, where members are able to benefit from the increased trust and reliability that comes from having shared lifestyles and values. With Vegvisits, it’s less like you are staying with a stranger and more like a good friend that you have just met.
As one traveler describes her experience, “It was as if we met a friend whom we didn’t see for years, despite having never met each other at all, and whom we’d love to stay in touch with – from now on and forever.”