Assistant Website Manager (Volunteer) for Verify Humanity
- Connect with like-minded people over global issues and creating a sense of belonging.
- Contribute to something meaningful and find a sense of purpose.
- Give your CV an edge and open up future possibilities by job prospects.
- Developing your skills and experience in a growing organisation.
What is the Volunteer Job?
We have an exciting opportunity for somebody to join our small, friendly, and growing volunteer team in this part-time, flexible and home-based role as an Assistant Website Manager at Verify Humanity.
What Will The Volunteer Job Involve?
- To update our latest news, projects, petitions, consultations, and votes sections on the website.
- Create appropriate website content aligned with the organisation’s mission and goals.
- Create website content aligned with our branding.
- Weekly 30 minute meetings to go over previous work and plan future work.
Who Should Apply?
- Required Skills
- Experience using WIX Website builder.
- Excellent content creation and writing skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Artistic flair.
- Time management skills with the ability to multitask.
- Required Personal Attributes
- A passion for animal advocacy.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Other Requirements
- Computer and good internet connection.
- Weekly online meeting to discuss ideas, progress and plan work.
Why choose Verify Humanity?
Verify Humanity was founded in August 2020 by Kate Fox and seeks to bridge the gap between conservation and animal rights by researching, raising awareness through social media and challenging conventions through campaigns. We are about to set up a new Charity Spotlight section for articles which we are very excited about.
Our major campaigns include:
- Boo the Bear is a compassionate conservation project stemming from an undercover illegal wildlife trade case in Vietnam to rescue some bile bears. Here is a short film our founder made called Lawless Lands about the bear bile trade. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBK5akx55uk
- Egg Sex Tech is a campaign to bring about the end of culling day-old male chicks on commercial UK egg farms.
Here is a link to our website which highlights our mission, goals and values. https://www.verifyhumanity.org/
Looking forward to hearing from you!
About Verify Humanity
Verify Humanity is a small, friendly non-profit organisation established in the UK in 2020.
In a world where humane slaughter, conservation culling and entertainment killing are becoming our default setting, Verify Humanity advocates veganism, compassionate conservation and co-existence as solutions that promote life, a natural balance and a new way of engaging with our fellow creatures.
Our vision is to create a world where speciesism no longer exists by raising awareness through investigating, researching and challenging conventions through the media and campaigns.