Assistant Website Manager (Volunteer) for Verify Humanity
What is the Volunteer Job?
We have an exciting opportunity for somebody to join our small, friendly, and growing volunteer team in this part-time, flexible and home-based role as an Assistant Website Manager at Verify Humanity for 5 hours a week for the duration of 6 months.
What Will The Volunteer Job Involve?
- To manage our latest news, campaigns, petitions, consultations, and votes.
- Plan, implement, manage, monitor, and upgrade the organisation’s website.
- Create appropriate website content aligned with the organisation’s strategy.
- Improve the User Experience of the website regularly.
- Regularly communicate with the founder to ensure that the website aligns with brand strategy and meets the organisation’s standards.
- Identify and respond to all website security breaches.
- Ensure full compliance on the website with all laws and regulations.
Who Should Apply?
- Required Skills
- Degree in IT, Web Development or related qualification.
- Excellent content creation and writing skills.
- Strong attention to detail with an analytical mind and outstanding problem-solving skills.
- Time management skills with the ability to multitask.
- Good experience in Web Management.
- Required Personal Attributes
- A passion for animal advocacy.
- Understands the importance of discretion and confidentiality.
- Organisational skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- High attention to detail.
- Taking the initiative.
- Other Requirements
- Flexible availability.
- Computer and good internet connection.
- Weekly online meeting to discuss ideas, progress and plan work.
What Will You Gain From This Role?
- Connecting with like-minded people over global issues and creating a sense of belonging.
- Open up your world to future possibilities by improving your job prospect.
- Developing your skills and experience in a growing organisation.
Why choose Verify Humanity?
Verify Humanity was founded in August 2020 by Kate Fox and seeks to bridge the gap between conservation and animal rights by researching, raising awareness through social media and challenging conventions through campaigns. We are about to set up a new Charity Spotlight section for articles which we are very excited about.
Our major campaigns include:
- Boo the Bear is a compassionate conservation project stemming from an undercover illegal wildlife trade case in Vietnam to rescue some bile bears. Here is a short film our founder made called Lawless Lands about the bear bile trade. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBK5akx55uk
- Egg Sex Tech is a campaign to bring about the end of culling day-old male chicks on commercial UK egg farms.
Here is a link to our website which highlights our mission, goals and values. https://www.verifyhumanity.org/
Looking forward to hearing from you!
About Verify Humanity
Verify Humanity is a small, friendly non-profit organisation established in the UK in 2020.
In a world where humane slaughter, conservation culling and entertainment killing are becoming our default setting, Verify Humanity advocates veganism, compassionate conservation and co-existence as solutions that promote life, a natural balance and a new way of engaging with our fellow creatures.
Our vision is to create a world where speciesism no longer exists by raising awareness through investigating, researching and challenging conventions through the media.