What is the Volunteer Job?
We are looking for somebody to join our small, friendly team to take on the part-time, flexible and home-based role of Campaigner. This Compassionate Conservation project stems from an undercover illegal wildlife trade case in Vietnam that discovered 13 bile bears being exploited for the Traditional Medicine Trade. Three bears have been rescued but we need someone to help ensure the campaign remains prominent and effective so that the ten remaining bears are rescued.
What Will The Volunteer Job Involve?
- Help create a social media and publicity strategy for Boo the Bear.
- Create thought provoking social media posts.
- Help raise publicity using creative ideas. We work towards volunteers’ strengths and ambitions so this could be writing articles, press releases, art work, film making, reaching out to journalists and other influencers.
- To give you an idea, here is some of our previous Boo the Bear publicity – articles published (https://thediplomat.com/2019/07/the-stalemate-driving-vietnams-illegal-wildlife-trade/), a short film screened at the International Vegan Film Festival (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBK5akx55uk) and an honourable mention at the International Photography Awards (https://www.photoawards.com/winner/zoom.php?eid=8-174411-19).
Who Should Apply?
- Experience working as a campaigner, in the media or publicity.
- Less experienced applicants would need a resourceful nature and a willingness to push themselves to explore and learn new skills.
- Social Media skills
- Good at reaching out to people and building relationships.
- Good communicators – verbal and written
- Good communicator
- Computer and good internet connection.
- Weekly online meeting to discuss ideas, progress and plan work.
What Will You Gain From This Role?
- Expanding your skills and knowledge will boost your self-esteem and sense of life purpose.
- Open up your world to future possibilities by giving your CV that extra edge.
- Connect with like-minded people over issues that matter and create a sense of belonging.
Why choose Verify Humanity?
- While we love our animals, volunteers come a close second! You are right up there with our favourite people!
- We have your back! We believe in a caring environment where everyone can flourish.
Greatly looking forward to meeting you!
About Verify Humanity
Verify Humanity is a small, friendly non-profit organisation established in the UK in 2020.
In a world where humane slaughter, conservation culling and entertainment killing are becoming our default setting, Verify Humanity advocates veganism, compassionate conservation and co-existence as solutions that promote life, a natural balance and a new way of engaging with our fellow creatures.
Our vision is to create a world where speciesism no longer exists by raising awareness through investigating, researching and challenging conventions through the media.