Executive Assistant (Volunteer) for Verify Humanity’s Founder (Kate Fox)
What is the Volunteer Job?
We have an exciting opportunity for somebody to join our small, friendly, and growing volunteer team in this part-time, flexible and home-based role as Executive Assistant to the founder of Verify Humanity for a minimum of 5 hours a week for the duration of 6 months.
What Will The Volunteer Job Involve?
- Taking meetings with volunteers and sending them meeting notes afterwards.
- Managing emails.
- Organising agendas, material preparation, note taking and following up on the delivery of actions to volunteers.
- Carrying out risk assessments in all areas of Verify Humanity.
- The Founder is very hands-on in all areas of the organisation so it could mean providing administrative assistance in a wide variety of areas. We don’t need an expert in these areas, just somebody who is happy to pitch in. Her work includes:
- Campaign work
- Volunteer recruitment, training and management
- Website design
- Social media
- Dealing with journalists, editors and publicity
- Secondary research
Who Should Apply?
- Preferred Experience
- Proven experience working as an assistant.
- Required Skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to multitask, manage time effectively and prioritise tasks.
- Building and maintaining relationships and connections with the founder and colleagues.
- Proficiency in MS Office, Excel, Google Drive and Powerpoint.
- Required Personal Attributes
- A passion for animal advocacy.
- Understands the importance of discretion and confidentiality.
- Organisational skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- High attention to detail.
- Other Requirements
- Flexible availability.
- Computer and good internet connection.
- Weekly online meeting to discuss ideas, progress and plan work.
What Will You Gain From This Role?
- Connecting with like-minded people over global issues and creating a sense of belonging.
- Open up your world to future possibilities by improving your job prospect.
- Developing your skills and experience in a growing organisation.
Why choose Verify Humanity?
Verify Humanity was founded in August 2020 by Kate Fox and seeks to bridge the gap between conservation and animal rights by researching, raising awareness through social media and challenging conventions through campaigns.
Our major campaigns include:
- Boo the Bear is a compassionate conservation project stemming from an undercover illegal wildlife trade case in Vietnam to rescue some bile bears. Here is a short film our founder made called Lawless Lands about the bear bile trade. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBK5akx55uk
- Egg Sex Tech is a campaign to bring about the end of culling day-old male chicks on commercial UK egg farms.
Here is a link to our website which highlights our mission, goals and values. https://www.verifyhumanity.org/
Looking forward to hearing from you!
About Verify Humanity
Verify Humanity is a small, friendly non-profit organisation established in the UK in 2020.
In a world where humane slaughter, conservation culling and entertainment killing are becoming our default setting, Verify Humanity advocates veganism, compassionate conservation and co-existence as solutions that promote life, a natural balance and a new way of engaging with our fellow creatures.
Our vision is to create a world where speciesism no longer exists by raising awareness through investigating, researching and challenging conventions through the media.