Remote Volunteer Role Creating Training Content for UK Based Animal Advocacy Organisation
Important Information to Know Before Applying
- We really love animals. All animals.
- This is a volunteer role and therefore unpaid.
- While it is a part-time and flexible role, everyone must have the legal right to work in the United Kingdom.
Summary of the Role
We are a growing organisation and need someone to help create content for our Specialised Training and Instruction Manual documents. This would cover a broad range of volunteer roles/topics so we are not looking for an expert. Examples might include:
- Instruction Manual – How to Use the Recruitment Tracker
- Instruction Manual – How to Create a Canva Video
- Specialised Training – How to be a Research Assistant
- Specialised Training – How to be an Assistant Website Manager
Most volunteers create a basic ‘Hand Over Document’ during their stay with us. The majority of your Training Content will come from these Hand Over Documents but you may require meetings with the volunteers to gather their personal insights. Or it might also require a level of research.
Why Volunteer For Us?
Want to open up your life possibilities, improve your CV and make a difference to the world? Why not volunteer for an animal advocacy organisation, learn some new skills and meet like-minded people
Being a fully volunteer led organisation, the Volunteer Content Creator holds a very prestigious place within the organisation. They work at the hub of the organisation ensuring a smooth journey for new volunteers. They get to know all the volunteers, campaigns and take on a highly valued and trusted role at the very heart of Verify Humanity.
- Interview existing volunteers for insights into a training role
- Research around the topic you are creating content for.
- Take the initiative
- Present learning materials in a way that engages all styles of learning.
- Create Specialised and Instruction Manual Documents using Canva. (training can be given)
- Record and manage your progress on the Volunteer Training Document Tracker
- Help design quizzes for each role to ensure volunteer applicants have understood your training.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Sensitivity to different volunteers’ learning needs.
- Canva (training can be given)
- Google Forms (training can be given)
- Computer, with functioning video and good internet connection essential.
- Weekly online meeting to discuss ideas, progress and plan work.
Our Contact Details
- Email – email@example.com
- Website – https://www.verifyhumanity.org/
- Founder’s website – https://www.envirophoto.com/
About Verify Humanity
Verify Humanity is a small, friendly non-profit organisation based in the UK. It was established in 2020 by Conservation Photographer and Writer - Kate Fox who plays an active role in the day to day running of the organisation.
We are primarily a Compassionate Conservation animal advocacy organisation. This is a blend of animal rights and conservation. We not only approach conservation from a perspective that cares about individual animal well-being but also the crossover where wild animals suffer or die as a consequence of factory farming. Our vision is to create a world where speciesism and human-animal conflict no longer exist by raising awareness through research and challenging conventions through the media and campaigns.
In a world where conservation culling, pest control, humane slaughter, and entertainment killing are becoming our default setting, Verify Humanity advocates veganism, compassionate conservation and co-existence as solutions that promote life, a natural balance and a new way of engaging with our fellow creatures.