Position title: Social Media Community Assistant
Reporting to: Social Media Manager
Place of work: Home-based / Remote Working (US-based)
Working days: Wednesday-Sunday, 9:00-5:00pm PT (flexible)
Start Date: Immediate
Closing date: Thursday 23rd September
To support our US launch we are looking for a digital-savvy Social Media Community Assistant to join the team and help us grow our community of rebels. If you are a self-driven and organised individual, with an outgoing personality and a strong passion for social media and saving animals, we would love to hear from you.
The role would suit someone who has their finger on the pulse of what’s trending right now, who knows the difference between TikTok and an Instagram Reel, loves a meme, and deliver strong sass levels. Working with the Social Media Manager, you will be responsible for helping to create, nurture and inspire the VFC community of rebels on our owned social media channels, and be instrumental in delivering fresh and innovative content.
Ultimately, you should be able to act as the face and voice of VFC and manage community communications with sass and a shedload of wit.
This is not an exhaustive list. It is intended to reflect the nature, range, and context of the work, and has the opportunity to grow with you. You will:
- Be responsible for all community management during working hours and over the weekend
- Be the first point of contact for our community and help to generate creative and engaging ways to interact with them
- Grow and nurture a community of VFC rebels on social media who become brand advocates
- Continuously identify how we can improve our community’s experience
- Support the Social Media Manager with content creation and copy writing across our social channels, helping us grow and engage with our American audience
- Work closely with the social media team, help to spot content opportunities, social trends and exciting talent to work with
- Liaise with internal teams and stakeholders to ensure customer complaints are resolved, and corrective actions put in place to negate future risks
- Relay community feedback to relevant teams
- Actively identify any relevant new business issues or risks
- Maintain industry, business, brand and product knowledge to provide the best possible customer experience
We are looking for a rebel with:
- Great community-building and customer service skills with 1+ year community management experience
- Hands-on experience with social media platforms and emerging content formats and features, in particular, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
- Basic knowledge of Hootsuite or similar programs to manage communications
- The ability to identify and track relevant community KPIs
- Demonstrable copywriting skills with good grammar and punctuation
- An eye on the cultural zeitgeist who is able to spot trends
- A passion for social media.
- Brilliant organizational skills close attention to detail and the ability to multitask
- A sassy nature and a great sense of humour
- An interest in or knowledge of veganism
- Good debating skills, as well as an understanding of all the issues relating to animal agriculture (desirable)
To apply, please submit an up-to-date CV and covering letter detailing why you want to work for VFC and what you will bring to the role.
VFC is an equal opportunities employer; we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or age. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all members of the team.
VFC (Vegan Fried Chick*n) is an audacious vegan food brand that launched in December 2020. On a mission to save chickens, we are challenging the norms for indulgent, feel-good convenience food. We are rebellious, playful and fuelling a food revolution that captures the heart and stomachs of a mainstream flexitarian audience. We’ve made a huge impact, and ruffled many feathers in the UK and Europe. We are about to launch into the USA. Join our rebellion and help us to do better for people, our planet and chickens.