We are looking for Baker Assistants to work at our brand new bakery located in London, Brick Lane.
The ideal candidate should have at least 1 year of professional bakery experience. We encourage self-taught and home bakers to apply, as long as you can provide us with pictures of your previous creations.
Roles and responsibilities
Your main role will be assisting Dani, our head baker and founder.
Within your daily duties you will find:
- Cooking and preparation of cakes, cupcakes, pastries and other items
- Decorating and finishing cakes, cupcakes and other items
- Cleaning and maintaining your baking area as neat as possible
- Emptying and storing packaged ingredients
- Maintaining and sanitising your baking tools, machinery and utensils.
- Assisting with any other cooking and food preparation. (Salads, sandwiches, etc)
The ideal candidate
- We are looking for people with great communication skills and great team working skills
- You should have a deep passion about baking, cooking and food in general
- You should be punctual, responsible, committed and willing to learn
We want to work with you if you are all of the above plus; you are looking to work on a great place where your career as a baker will have the chance to develop, your ideas will be listened and you will be part of a great team.
- £7 to £9 rate per hour depending on your experience
- Paid breaks, free hot drinks, and great team meetings every week
- Discounts on our products
- Great bonus system based on monthly company targets
- Quality training and progression opportunities
- Pension scheme and paid holidays
The application process
Once you apply and we review your CV, we will send you an online assessment which ask you a bit more about your baking experience. If you are successful you will be called for a face-to-face assessment where you will be given a set of tasks to perform on a certain amount of time.
If you are successful you will have a final interview with Dani and Vane, Vida Bakery’s co-founders.
We can’t wait to meet you
Full-time and Part-time positions available!
About Vida Bakery
Our story began in 2014, when co-founder Dani (coeliac and vegan) struggled to find sweets options matching her dietary needs. After research and professional/academic preparation, she managed to create and to adapt more then 50 recipes used in traditional baking according to what she needed at the moment. The result; moist and delicious free-from cakes.
Partnering with Vane, they both started thinking on how to make those wonderful recipes into something everyone could eat and enjoy. As many other companies, this one started tasting recipes with friends and family but finally in 2015 we step it up by boldly knocking on the doors of two big bosses of a well-known UK business, to ask them for feedback.
The feedback was super positive and it encouraged them to take it further and to open a pop-up shop for 5 months.
Today, we are looking to build the team that will join us taking a step further with the opening of our permanent shop in June 2018.