We Animals Media is looking for a Data Analyst to join our team. This role will provide essential insights for the organization’s management by maintaining data and records, producing reports and analyzing business data. Working closely with the Director of Global Fieldwork and Visual Content, the Data Analyst will elevate our reporting and analysis to identify critical areas for improvement or exploration. The ideal candidate will be a data-driven self-starter excited to contribute to WAM’s mission to bring visibility to hidden animals.
- Type of employment: Part-time permanent position at 15-20 hours per week, with a flexible schedule
- Reports to: Director of Global Fieldwork and Visual Content
- Location: Remote. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Rate: $31.20 CAD per hour
- Start date: April 1-15, 2024 (upon availability)
- Application deadline: February 29, 2024
As an ideal candidate for this role, you are:
- Excited about WAM’s mission. You believe that documenting animal stories is critical and an essential component of positive change.
- Data-driven. You love crunching numbers and are motivated to understand data.
- Naturally curious. You have a yearning for learning!
- A critical thinker. You are methodical and consistent in your approach and are comfortable challenging the status quo.
- A tech whiz. You effortlessly navigate the digital landscape, making technology work for you.
- A self-starter. You take the initiative to conquer challenges, embracing new projects with enthusiasm and independence.
- A team player. You’re happy to jump in and lend a helping hand – and equally comfortable asking for help when you need it.
- Good with receiving feedback and direction. Sometimes a lot, sometimes a little!
- Organize, prepare and validate contributor royalty reports and image use reports.
- Create, maintain, analyze and share monthly “Stock Stats” reports to measure stock platform performance and identify trends, opportunities and threats.
- Maintain and report on operational goals related to content acquisition.
- Maintain data on published content and share it with other departments as needed.
- Review existing reporting processes and suggest and implement improvements to optimize efficiency and elevate data presentation and insights.
- Extract and analyze data from our digital asset management (DAM) system and explore external resources to identify users who could benefit from a paid subscription to our stock platform.
- Perform periodic quality control checks on our database and maintain data for accuracy and consistency, including the CRM and asset database.
- Undertake special projects to enhance existing processes or respond to new data needs.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Things you might do, depending on skill and need:
- Support the stock team as a backup for DAM-related tasks.
- Set up new stock platform subscribers in our database.
- Become an expert on the functionality of our DAM system and provide insight and recommendations for enhancements.
- At least two years of experience in an analyst or similar role.
- Excellent understanding of Google Sheets and demonstrated mastery of mathematical and logical formulas and advanced functions, including pivot tables and macros.
- Proven ability to analyze data and use results to identify trends, opportunities and areas of improvement.
- Excellent attention to detail and strong follow-through.
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills.
- Digital literacy: the ability to learn new digital tools quickly.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work remotely.
- Ability to travel once per year for our annual team retreat.
- Commitment to WAMʼs mission and values.
- An understanding of the photography world and licensing would be an asset.
PERKS OF WORKING WITH US
- Flexible hours
- Remote work
- Three weeks paid vacation plus extended holiday closure period
- Benefits package
- Remote work stipend
- Paid training opportunities and professional development allowance
- A friendly, funny, talented and caring team
MORE ABOUT US
We are a federally incorporated non-profit based in Toronto, Canada. We are a small, fully remote team distributed across different time zones. We offer a flexible working schedule, professional development opportunities, and operate with plenty of autonomy in our roles to support varied needs and working styles. Visit our website weanimalsmedia.org.
HOW TO APPLY
If you’d like to apply for this position, please visit our website and click “Apply Here” to submit your application by February 29, 2024.
Note: if you meet most, but not all, requirements and still think you would be a great fit for the role, we encourage you to apply and let us know how we could support you. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply, especially those from underrepresented backgrounds. We value diversity and believe that work on behalf of animals benefits significantly from collaborating with people from all backgrounds and identities.
About We Animals Media
As the world's leading animal photojournalism agency, We Animals Media (WAM) documents how animals are used for human purposes — food, fashion, entertainment and experimentation. WAM works with NGOs, media and advocates to tell animal stories and advocate for change. Our global network of award-winning photographers captures hard-hitting images from a diverse spectrum of animal industries. To support our mission, we investigate industries, mentor photographers, operate a stock platform to share our visual content and engage with media and NGO partners to shift attitudes, industry and policy.