Join us at the forefront of the vegan revolution as we inspire our customers to enjoy our fully plant based menu and delicious coffees. Through providing an impeccable plant based offering of our own cafe-made food, speciality coffee and loose leaf teas, all served with brilliant service, we challenge outdated views on vegan food and non-dairy coffee and welcome everyone to enjoy food and drink that is good for them, the planet and for all our non-human friends.
As well as being a vegan business, we try to operate with the best practices and policies for the wider environment too. Our ethics permeate all our decision making and we try to be open and transparent with staff and customers which creates a warm, positive and authentic feel to the cafe.
Interested? You’ll be passionate about ethical food and speciality coffee. Ideally you’ll have a minimum of 6 months’ experience working in a busy coffee shop, cafe or restaurant though the right attitude, willingness to learn and a desire to work in vegan hospitality will count in lieu of experience. You’ll share all cafe duties with others and get involved in any task associated with running a busy cafe. In return, we will create a vibrant environment where you’ll relish coming to work each day, changing the world, one cappuccino at a time. Moving to the area? We have several leads for accommodation, plus we also have a spare room to get you started in the area!
- Give a personal, smiley and warm welcome to every customer and serve them with a respect and efficiency that surpasses their expectations
- Ensure the cafe is fit for service at all times and leave it in the condition you’d like to find it
- Ensure that food and drink is stored, prepared and presented according to health and safety legislation and cafe standards at all times
- Communicate and work well with front-of-house team and kitchen to ensure operations are smooth
- Champion our home made food and serve it with care, avoiding unnecessary food waste
- Perform all cleaning and hygiene tasks required such as cleaning workstations, tables and washing up
- Potential opportunity to work in the kitchen too (if desired) and be involved in cafe cooking and baking
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Exceptional customer service and people skills
- Experience working in a busy, fast paced cafe or restaurant including preparing food and achieving high levels of cleanliness
- Barista experience preferred (not essential)
- Warm, genuine people manner
- Be able to work quickly and efficiently under pressure
- Reliable with an excellent work ethic
- Be positive and have a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Ability to multi-task well and recognise shifting priorities at busy times
- Attention to process, detail and quality
- Great communication skills
- Passion for implementing environmentally friendly practices in the workplace
- Happy to work weekends and some early mornings
- Fluent English speaker, ability to speak another language a benefit
What we will offer you:
- From £11.50 per hour
- A positive and empowering vegan and eco-friendly working environment; align your work with your values
- Generous staff discount
- Full lunch provided, free coffee and unlimited tea
- Help locating local accommodation
- A permanent job in one of the most beautiful parts of the UK, surrounded by mountains, wildlife, Winter sports, mountain biking, climbing and hiking
We will be reviewing applications as they come in. Immediate start available. Interviews will be held online.
To apply please submit your CV through Vegan Jobs, or via email@example.com.
About WILDCAT CAFE LTD
The Wildcat Cafe was the first 100% vegan eatery in the Scottish Highlands. In year one, we banned disposable cups, got to the finals of Dragon's Glen and the 2018 VIBES Scottish Environmental Business Award and are featured in the publications 'Scotland the Best' and the 'Scottish Independent Coffee Guide'. Every day we challenge existing norms in the food and drink industry, and we also offer plastic free shopping via a small wholefoods and weigh your own section and at the back of the shop.
In May 2021 we featured in the Times as one of the top 5 vegetarian and vegan places to eat in Scotland.