As the Pastry Chef/Head Baker at Wildflour Bakery, you are responsible for the development and production of all Baking & Pastry related items served in the cafe and also off-site special orders. Experience with vegan and gluten free baking is a plus. You are responsible for ensuring consistency and quality as well as developing innovative new menu items. With your leadership the baking/pastry team must strive for flawless execution in everything we serve.
You will also be required to manage proper production levels, sanitation practices, waste, labor and food costs, scheduling, and monitoring sales and trends.
Experience: 3-5 years of professional baking & pastry experience. 1-2 years of managerial experience.
Education: Degree in Baking & Pastry Arts preferred but a combination of education and work related experience will be considered.
Required skills, knowledge and abilities including but not limited to:
– Ability to stay level-headed, and maintain composure in stressful situations
– Creativity and focus
– A genuine commitment to hospitality and guest service
– Excellent communication skills
– A compassionate and effective leadership style
– Ability and desire to booster collaboration and teamwork.
– Ability to develop processes & procedures to improve function of the bakery/pastry department
– Vegan and gluten free baking knowledge a plus
– Kosher knowledge a plus
– Kitchen management experience a plus
– Savory cooking experience a plus
– Knowledge of Toast POS a plus
– Highly developed organizational skills
– Recipe development, scaling, measuring and costing
– Equipment knowledge and maintenance
– Proper ordering methods
– Scheduling and labor cost control methods
– Food cost and costing recipes
Some of the benefits we offer are:
– Competitive salary
– Health and Dental Insurance
– Paid vacation, holidays, and sick time
– A great team to work with
About Wildflour Vegan Bakery
Since 2010 Wildflour, from the East Side of Providence, has been offering delicious vegan pastries, cookies, and cakes as well as fresh pressed juices, made-to-order smoothies and healthy savory grab-and-go options. Over the past 9 years it has grown a loyal fan base and become an institution for patrons across Southern New England. We constantly strive to bring new innovative vegan menu items that appeal to everybody. We are a community oriented company that values sustainability and giving back.