We are looking for a person based in Hackney (London) who understands the values of veganism and has some knowledge about Yoga, to help us run Hackney Yoga and Vegan Festival on Sunday, Sept 29th.
- 1 hour to meet and discuss the flow of the festival with the venue manager in advance (you can choose the time)
- 3 hours on the set-up day ie a day before the festival (Saturday, Sept 28th)
- From 7.30am-7.30pm on the festival day (Sunday, Sept 29th)
Compensation: £9 per hour plus free food and beverages on the festival day. As per the current plan of tasks, it would work out to be 16 hours ie £144. However, we might have availability for shorter shift times – this can be calculated at £9 per hour.
- Conceptualising the stall layout
- Assisting the venue staff to put tables for the stalls
- Putting signs across the venue on set-up day
- Directing stallholders for set-up
- Managing team of volunteers
- Taking photos/vid on your phone
- Coordinating with Yogific’s backend team
- Managing the car park (if and when needed)
- Ensuring that the event runs smoothly
- Arranging for the printing of important documents. Of course, we will pay for the printing charges
- Receiving the event package on your postal address. Event package consists of posters, signs, id badges, banners etc.
About the festival:
Hackney Yoga and Vegan Festival would aim to bring together two ideas that are changing the world for better – Yoga and veganism. The festival will consist of Yoga and Meditation sessions, talks on mental health, stalls selling vegan food and other products, children’s Yoga and lots more. Our goal is to make all Yogis vegan and all vegans Yogis. Part of the proceeds will be donated to our three partner charities:
1) Viva: Vegan animal rights charity
2) Nethraheen Vinayak Sansthan: A small charity that supports underprivileged bling girls in India.
3) Getting Beth Better: Helping Beth with her treatment for Lyme disease
More info about us:
Yogific is a community of Vegan Yogis. We organize various events around the world to spread awareness about Yoga, veganism and Asian culture. All of our previous events have been successful and featured in the media. So far, we have organized 28 events in 5 countries and collaborated with over 200 Yoga teachers and 300 vegan businesses.
Yogific aims to develop a community of Vegan Yogis – people who love doing Yoga and living a vegan lifestyle. Yoga goes much beyond just the physical postures – Yoga is a way of life – so is Veganism. Let’s celebrate the two lovely concepts that are changing the world for better. We organize many Yoga and Vegan festivals to spread awareness about benefits of Yoga and veganism. The festivals are a fun platform to bring ‘wanna be’ vegans, existing vegans and yogis together. The goal is to make Yogis or spiritualists realize that Yoga or the path of spirituality stands for compassion and non-violence towards all living beings. A true Yogi or anyone seeking spirituality does not participate in exploitation of animals who are conscious living beings
At Yogific’s Yoga and Vegan Festivals, you can expect to find a range of stalls selling vegan products, vegan food, and all-day long Yoga and meditation classes. Live music and dancing add extra color to our festivals