Including but not limited to
· Assist in meal planning and shopping
· Prepare meals under the direction of head chef
· Assist in maintaining the cleanliness of the camp kitchen at all times
- Have experience preparing and cooking food for large numbers of people in a commercial kitchen
- Experience or desire to learn about vegan cooking
- Have successful experience working collaboratively with others
- Preference for those who have cooked in a setting with youth (youth center, camp, school, etc.) and have experience working with youth
- Have strong interpersonal skills, a positive attitude, and a desire to have fun!
Each youth camp session is 8 days long. There is a mandatory four-day staff training prior to camp in each location. You must be available for these 4 days. Training will be on-site overnight.
· Teen Camp | Charlton, Massachusetts | July 9 – July 20
$450, negotiable DOE, including room and board. We are unable to cover the costs associated with traveling to the camp.
Please visit https://yeacamp.org/work-with-us/ and fill out an application. Background checks will be conducted.
About Youth Empowered Action (YEA) Camp
Youth Empowered Action (YEA) Camp is a social justice leadership camp that trains aspiring activists to make a bigger difference on the causes they care about. Since 2009, YEA Camp has trained over 700 teens to get active and be more effective on the issues of their choice, and in 2018 YEA Camp expanded to offer this week-long overnight program to adults as well. Serving vegan food to fuel the revolution.