Including but not limited to
- Plan kid-friendly, delicious, filling vegan menus for breakfast, snack, lunch and dinner for whole camp (approx 50 people)
- Prepare shopping lists, assist in food ordering, and procure supplies and food for camp kitchen. We have menus and shopping lists from years past to refer to, which you can follow exactly or modify as you wish.
- Prepare meals and supervise kitchen volunteers and assistant chefs
- Supervise and ensure the cleanliness of the camp kitchen
- Supervise other staff and campers helping in the kitchen
- Create a schedule for the camp kitchen (managing which of the kitchen staff are on duty for which meals)
- Ensure that there are alternatives and proper care and labeling for campers or staff with food allergies
- Have at least one year of professional experience planning and cooking for large groups of (30+) people in a commercial kitchen
- Are very organized and can handle a fast-paced work environment
- Have experience with vegan cooking and meal preparation
- Familiar with and willing to accommodate food allergies. We always have some who are gluten-free, allergic to nuts, soy, or other common allergens, and we need to make sure there are great meals for them as well.
- Have Food Handlers Card, if applicable
- Have great, creative ideas for vegan meals that young people will really love, or willing to prepare meals from previous years that our campers loved
- Enjoy working in a collaborative, fun and supportive environment
- Have strong interpersonal and communication skills and enjoy working with youth
- Maintain a positive attitude working within our team, and be a positive role model to campers
- Preference for previous camp, school or youth center kitchen experience or have some experience working with youth
Adult camp is 7 days long. There is a mandatory four-day staff training prior to camp in each location. You must be available for these 4 days. Training will be on-site overnight.
· Adult Camp | High Falls, New York | June 26 – July 7
$600, negotiable DOE, including room and board. We are unable to cover the costs associated with traveling to the camp.
Please visit https://yeacamp.org/work-with-us/ and fill out an application. Background checks will be conducted.
About Youth Empowered Action (YEA) Camp
Youth Empowered Action (YEA) Camp is a social justice leadership camp that trains aspiring activists to make a bigger difference on the causes they care about. Since 2009, YEA Camp has trained over 700 teens to get active and be more effective on the issues of their choice, and in 2018 YEA Camp expanded to offer this week-long overnight program to adults as well. Serving vegan food to fuel the revolution.